The Arena Theatre is a unique venue in the heart of Wolverhampton providing innovative theatre experiences for everyone.
Our diverse Learning and Participation programme offers opportunities for all ages and abilities, with a particular focus on SEN. Our cross-curricular focus offers unique opportunities to engage with performances, workshops, CPD sessions for staff and behind-the-scenes experiences and learning.
What we offer your school:
• Customer-focussed service which is either ‘off-the-peg’ or individually tailored to the needs of the school, its pupils and curriculum. The Arena actively promotes equality of opportunity and access to the arts to students of all abilities.
• A cost-effective service which enhances the learning experience of pupils and staff, and supports attainment, achievement and personal development.
• Support for classroom teaching of set texts and associated learning around set texts.
• Opportunities to develop academic and technical skills, as well as communication and personal skills
• Performances linked to set texts in English, Drama and Theatre Studies, and supplementary support for classroom teaching, with opportunities to meet the performers.
• Scheduled and bespoke workshops, either stand-alone or linked to performances.
• Scheduled and bespoke workshops in jazz performance, as part of our Jazz at the Arena programme.
• CPD for teachers, including access to our relationship with the Royal Shakespeare Company Education team.
• Work experience opportunities for KS4 students
• Guided tours of the theatre and a chance to meet the Arena staff and discuss working in theatre
• Available throughout the year, excluding statutory holidays and University of Wolverhampton concessionary holidays.
The Towers Outdoor Education Service
Real Adventure – Real Learning
At the Towers OEC we provide high quality residential experiences across all school phases with the opportunity to safely access adventurous outdoor activities and develop lifelong learning skills through challenge and personal endeavour. Developing risk awareness rather than risk aversion and the resilience to cope with adventure is a key part of every young person’s educational experience at the Towers.
The Towers is a lovely Victorian building in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park, surrounded by extensive grounds, offering modern facilities and equipment and staffed by a highly qualified dedicated team of experts.
The Towers is licenced by Adventurous Activity Licencing Authority (A.A.L.A.), a part of the H.S.E., to provide adventurous activities.
The Payroll Service team are providing the service to in excess of 10,000 employees; this is made up from Council employees, Schools, Councillors, Casual employees, gratuities and external bodies every month.
Our aim is to deliver Payroll services to schools through a professional team who have direct recent experience of schools and understand the educational context and employment law and bring commercial acumen and multi sector experience.
The Payroll Team will build close relationships with schools and be readily available to you.
We will provide you with a professional service that is responsive and meets your needs and ensures you are supported to enable you to manage your payroll issues effectively and efficiently.
NQT Registration and Support - Appropriate Body
This SLA will help you to provide the bridge between initial teacher training and a career in teaching.
Once your newly qualified teacher (NQT) has been appointed, the Headteacher has a statutory obligation to register them with an Appropriate Body (AB) before they start work. The School Standards Team can act as an AB for LA maintained schools, Academies, Free schools and Independent Schools.
The service includes:
• Telephone advice,
• In-school support when NQTs are encountering difficulties,
• a paired lesson observation for quality assurance and training purposes,
and, if the induction tutor or mentor are new to the role a validation visit for professional development is offered.
• We will also undertake the necessary administrative processes on behalf of the school.
SIMS Support in Schools and Academies
The SIMS Support team are committed to providing a high quality, personal and professional service to fully support SIMS throughout schools and academies. The team will work closely with schools to support and develop the use of SIMS and assist in tailoring the system to meet your individual needs.
This SLA is suitable for all schools and academies and will provide helpdesk, on-site support, training and consultancy relating to the use of SIMS and the information it contains. It aims to provide schools with the appropriate tools to effectively discharge a range of management, administrative and curriculum functions and to enhance teaching and learning.
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.