Direct Safe Catering Policy provides caterers with an easily accessible system which will result in the assurance of food safety for their customers. It meets legal requirements contained in the current food safety legislation and is approved by City of Wolverhampton Council Environmental Health Officers.
You will be safe in the knowledge that your catering provision is fully supported by an extensive quality policy to ensure safe methods are adopted and good practice is used.
The Policy covers different catering operations (e.g. educational establishments, adult and social care, leisure and other catering) developed in accordance with Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) Assessment which clearly describes the steps and hazards applicable. Controls intended to reduce the hazard and how this may be monitored, have been identified.
Good Practice Guidance and Notes provide detailed information and instructions to control the hazards on the HACCP sheets.
People who operate Direct Safe Catering vary in their specific skills and responsibilities, from a temporarily employed person waiting tables for one evening, through permanently employed cooks to managers and staff with specialist knowledge.
Human Resources Transactional Services
The HR Transactional Services Team provides the key elements needed to support schools in all staffing matters. We provide excellent customer service and are proactive in supporting schools in delivering their key objectives and longer term workforce planning.
• Management of key transactional HR processes – recruitment and selection, processing of pre-employment checks, conditions of employment and remuneration.
• Professional, knowledgeable and fully trained team that are committed to targeting their expertise to meet your individual needs.
• Each school will have access to HR Support Team Leaders; however, any member of the team will be available to answer queries.
• Our team understand education and can apply HR procedures directly to the school environment.
• Excellent seamless relationships with HR Employee Relations Consultancy and Payroll Services
• Modern, fully integrated system (Agresso) that operates across HR, Payroll, Finance and Procurement.
• Joined up working with other council education providers plus excellent partnerships with all areas of the council.
• Up to date knowledge of current legislation and how these apply in schools.
• Experienced in the move to Academy status.
Pests spread disease, cause damage and blight reputations. Schools need reliable, responsive, qualified and highly experienced pest control services that ensure their learning environments and grounds are kept trouble free.
A pest infestation in a school can be a very distressing experience and infestations can be expensive to eradicate. (E.g. A typical rat treatment provided by a pest control company can cost in excess of £150 per occasion.)
Pests spread disease, create unpleasant smells and cause considerable damage to property and must be treated straight away. The Team offer:
• Reliable, responsive, safe and effectively managed professionally qualified services
• Routine pest control inspections to keep rats, mice, fleas, cockroaches, ants and wasps in check (excludes Pharaoh’s ants)
• Changing of all rodent-monitoring stations as necessary.
• Carrying out any necessary treatments for the control of pests specified within your contract
• Completion of pest control reports on site and discussion with the school about how these are managed
• Ensure all relevant COSHH information is updated in your pest control report folder.
• Provision of advice on dealing with additional pests outside the core contract.
• Prompt emergency visits deemed necessary for the control of specified public health pests, (normally by the end of the following working day and at no additional cost)
• Follow-up Visits and ongoing management advice
The Cleaning Service provides a comprehensive cleaning service to schools and buildings across the City of Wolverhampton and beyond.
The key elements of the cleaning services provided are:
• A comprehensive cleaning service to your requirements – we provide the staff, staff cover, materials, equipment and financial management systems
• Compliance with relevant legislation regarding Health and Safety and staff training
• Commitment to a strong partnership between you, the customer and ourselves to ensure the optimum cleaning provision for now and in the future.
Key Holding Service
The Key Holding Service is available to schools to give protection to existing school key holders by offering an alternative service.
This will reduce the number of times school key holders are called out to the school in the event of an alarm activation and to ensure that, if they are called out, they are not alone.
It also prevents the school key holder being called out, especially for false alarms.
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.