Wolverhampton Arts & Heritage Service offers an exceptional, cross-curricular learning experience. Our Primary, Secondary and SEN schools sessions are directly inspired by our temporary exhibitions and our world-class collections of art, museum objects, archives and outdoor spaces including gardens, parks and a farm.
See our website for more details: www.wolverhamptonart.org.uk/learning
We have five cultural venues:
• Wolverhampton Art Gallery
• Bantock House Museum: Art and Nature, Toys, History, Gardens, Park
• Bilston Gallery: A cultural centre for Art, Engineering, Industry and Geology
• Wolverhampton City Archives: Local, Regional and National History
• Northycote Farm and Country Park: Farm and Park, Art & Nature, History
Our cultural learning sessions cater for all key stage levels (KS1 – KS5). We use creative approaches to enliven a wide range of subjects including Art and Design, History, Literature and Writing, and STEM subjects including Engineering and Geology.
We provide a unique and exciting learning experience for children and young people and teachers. We aim to raise aspirations, ambition and support achievement through engagement with the arts, culture, heritage and the outdoors.
Pests spread disease, cause damage and blight reputations. Schools need reliable, responsive, qualified and highly experienced pest control services that ensure their learning environments and grounds are kept trouble free.
A pest infestation in a school can be a very distressing experience and infestations can be expensive to eradicate. (E.g. A typical rat treatment provided by a pest control company can cost in excess of £150 per occasion.)
Pests spread disease, create unpleasant smells and cause considerable damage to property and must be treated straight away. The Team offer:
• Reliable, responsive, safe and effectively managed professionally qualified services
• Routine pest control inspections to keep rats, mice, fleas, cockroaches, ants and wasps in check (excludes Pharaoh’s ants)
• Changing of all rodent-monitoring stations as necessary.
• Carrying out any necessary treatments for the control of pests specified within your contract
• Completion of pest control reports on site and discussion with the school about how these are managed
• Ensure all relevant COSHH information is updated in your pest control report folder.
• Provision of advice on dealing with additional pests outside the core contract.
• Prompt emergency visits deemed necessary for the control of specified public health pests, (normally by the end of the following working day and at no additional cost)
• Follow-up Visits and ongoing management advice
NQT Registration and Support - Appropriate Body
This SLA will help you to provide the bridge between initial teacher training and a career in teaching.
Once your newly qualified teacher (NQT) has been appointed, the Headteacher has a statutory obligation to register them with an Appropriate Body (AB) before they start work. The School Standards Team can act as an AB for LA maintained schools, Academies, Free schools and Independent Schools.
The service includes:
• Telephone advice,
• In-school support when NQTs are encountering difficulties,
• a paired lesson observation for quality assurance and training purposes,
and, if the induction tutor or mentor are new to the role a validation visit for professional development is offered.
• We will also undertake the necessary administrative processes on behalf of the school.
Statutory Assessment and Moderation
All Schools and Academies (including Free Schools) must comply with statutory requirements for EYFS Profile, Phonics Check, Key Stage (KS)1 and KS2 assessment.
This area of the service ensures that schools are aware of and can comply with the statutory assessment arrangements at each key stage. It also provides appropriate support and training for making accurate judgements.
This SLA will support practitioners in making accurate judgments against national standards and exemplifications in each key stage. It also provides regular updates for all staff to ensure that they are kept up to date and fully informed about statutory assessment arrangements.
The Service Level Agreement for assessment is offered as a package appropriate for Primary, Infant or Junior schools.
Waste and Recycling Services
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.