This SLA will help you to provide the bridge between initial teacher training and a career in teaching.
Once a newly qualified teacher (NQT) has been appointed, the Headteacher has a statutory obligation to register them with an Appropriate Body (AB) before they start work. The City of Wolverhampton’s School Improvement Team can act as the Appropriate Body for LA maintained schools, academies, free schools and independent schools.
As well as offering Appropriate Body services, we also offer high quality training packages. The training includes a series of six afternoon sessions relating to developing pedagogy and practice both in the area of classroom and behaviour management and subject specific skills relating to progression and practical teaching strategies.
Additionally, the CLL team offer a suite of nine twilight Masterclass Sessions across the year that focus on developing all aspects of literacy, including an additional offer of two bespoke 1:1 sessions in school with a member of the CLL team to support planning or partnership teaching.
School Improvement Advisors
School Improvement Advisor Time
Coordination of Admissions for Academies
Every Admitting Authority in England is required by law to participate in the Co-ordinated admissions process for a normal year of entry admission. The Board of Directors/Governors is the Admitting Authority for an Academy and must have a set of determined admission arrangements, clearly setting out how many applications for the Academy will be prioritised in the event of over-subscription.
The aim of the Admission and Appeals Service Level Agreement (SLA) is to provide a very simple buy-back service for academies that will take on the majority of statutory admissions and admissions appeals tasks for which the Board of Directors/Governors of an academy is responsible.
The price for the 20/21 Academic year is £6 per person, and will be based on the numbers on roll recorded in the October 2020 Census. Please add to basket for a bespoke quote.
Counselling and Therapeutic Support
This support is underpinned by child-focused approaches to understanding and addressing children and young people’s social and emotional needs, promoting emotional well being and promoting positive behaviour and engagement in learning. Counselling and therapeutic support can be an essential element of support planning for children and young people with social, emotional and mental health needs.
HR Transactional/Payroll/Pension Services
The HR Transactional Services Team provides the key elements needed to support schools in all staffing matters. We provide excellent customer service and are proactive in supporting schools in delivering their key objectives and longer term workforce planning.
• Management of key transactional HR processes – recruitment and selection, processing of pre-employment checks, conditions of employment and remuneration.
• Professional, knowledgeable and fully trained team that are committed to targeting their expertise to meet your individual needs.
• Each school will have access to HR Support Team Leaders; however, any member of the team will be available to answer queries.
• Our team understand education and can apply HR procedures directly to the school environment.
• Excellent seamless relationships with HR Employee Relations Consultancy and Payroll Services
• Modern, fully integrated system (Agresso) that operates across HR, Payroll, Finance and Procurement.
• Joined up working with other council education providers plus excellent partnerships with all areas of the council.
• Up to date knowledge of current legislation and how these apply in schools.
• Experienced in the move to Academy status.
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.