eServices have a range of training courses available for your school staff to attend. Please click here for course details.
We are happy to come into school to provide training if your school has more than 5 people requiring the training in any of the courses advertised.
This training is available to any school... however if your school does not currently buy into our cloudW/Office 365 Digital Platform SLA there is a charge.
For any queries or bookings please call Sharan on 01902 551457 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Autumn Training Courses run by the Educational Psychology Service
The Educational Psychology Service aims to work together to improve the lives of children, young people and families in Wolverhampton by promoting inclusion, helping to overcome barriers and enabling positive participation for all.
We run a range of centrally held training courses accessible to all professionals who have a role in supporting children and young people across the city. Centrally held training courses being run by the Educational Psychology Service in Autumn 2018:
Using Counselling Skills to support Children and Young People (13th September 2018, 1.30 – 4.30)
Inclusion for Gender and Sexual Diversity (4th October 2018, 9.30 – 12.30)
Self-harm Awareness (22nd October 2018, 1.30 – 4.30)
Communication and Behaviour: What’s the link? (14th November 2018, 1.30 – 4.30)
Attachment, Trauma and Resilience (11th December 2018, 1.30 – 4.30
All courses will be held at the Lawnswood Centre for Excellence and cost £50 per delegate. For more information and to book your place visit the Training and Events section of SLA Online.
Courses coming up in the Spring Term include:
· Emotion Coaching
· Understanding Loss and Bereavement and planning for Critical Incidents
· Using Solution Focused Approaches with Children and Young People
· Attachment and Trauma in Teenagers
If you would like further information regarding our training please contact Dr Elaine Perry (Senior Educational Psychologist) - email@example.com
KS2 Reading Project
In 2017/18 we worked with 23 schools in Wolverhampton to help improve reading results. Across the 23 schools the average improvement in reading results was 15.3 percentage points when compared to 2017 with 8 of the schools improving by 25% or more. A summary of the full independent evaluation of the project is available on request. If you want similar support this year please contact Mark.Smith2@wolverhampton.gov.uk
Reading comprehension resources coming soon on our Resources page for all subscribing schools with a CLL SLA.
Insurance SLA Recharges for 2018/2019
Insurance SLA recharges have now been processed and a nominal 3% increase has been applied to last year's premium.
We will shortly respond to quotation requests received via the SLA portal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an enquiry via the Portal if you require further information.
School Governor Training 2018/19
You may have noticed that City of Wolverhampton School Governor Services have a new SLA out this year: the Evolving Governance SLA. Due to the end of our three-year funding, we are now having to put a minimal charge to our Governance Support. If you are interested in continuing to attend our Governor Training Programme for the next academic year, you will need to sign up as a school to our Evolving Governance Package. This package includes:
· Access to our Governor Training Package for three Governors per board per session (and a reduced rate for extra places at sessions)
· Access to our termly Governor’s Forum, with key Local Authority updates and bite-sized training sessions
· A two-hour Governance Audit resulting in a bespoke Action Plan for your Board with achievable short- medium- and long term aims
· Telephone Support on all Governance Issues
· Support for all your Governor Recruitment and Retention, including advertising your vacancies and providing new Governors with an Induction pack
· Access to our Buddy System for any Governors who would like a mentor or simply a contact on another board for advice, information exchanges and link-role support
· Full access to bespoke online portal for all dataset management, document storage and communications from the Local Authority
Additionally, if you purchase this package you get a significant discount on our Clerking Service, as well as the below services that we also offer:
· 12-month account for all board members to access NGA “Learning Link” - Governor E-Learning
· A 3-day External Review of Governance led by a National Leader of Governance (NLG)
· A tailor-made Governing Board session to analyse your individual school’s specific performance data and progress measures in order to enable you to better hold leaders to account
· A bespoke Training session on a subject of your choosing held at your school
· A session of training delivered at your school from the current training programme
· A Governance expert to attend your FGB to observe and feed-back advice and resources to Head Teacher and Chair
· 1:1 Support meeting with one of our Governance team
If you'd like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us on 01902 554137 or email email@example.com.